Filter by Trait
- Traits can only be used to sort Points of Light recognitions.
- All Traits
- Able to act on faith.
- Bored or restless at some level.
- Likes to see others do well.
- Independent and quietly confident.
- Energetic and enjoys practical, hard work.
- Guided and sustained by deeply held beliefs.
- Helping is not new.
- Positive and patient.
- Empathy based on personal experience.
- Ready to engage talents, interests and gifts.
Show All Tributes
- Show All Tributes
- George H.W. Bush Tributes
- Points of Light Tributes
This tributeis to Linda Zalud. I am Heather Gilpin a volunteer coordinator for the City of Shawnee, KS. Linda Zalud started volunteering at the tender age of 8 in Santiago, Chile. She took food from her house to the poor children that were playing soccer with old socks. When she moved to Bogota, Colombia when she was 13 volunteered to teach the girls how to cook and sew their own clothes. Then she moved to La Paz, Bolivia, very poor country. The children took the animals out to pasture for the entire day, Linda saw that they did not have food or drinks. Every day when she came home from school she made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for them. She filled bottles with water and took that as well. Then on to Managua, Nicaragua. Then she moved to the U.S. In Wausau, Wisconsin, she volunteered at a Soup Kitchen and took seniors to docitors appointments. Volunteered at the Red Cross in blood drives, when she was not working as a nurse. In Kansas she volunteers all the time.